Presenting at FinovateFall 2016 was not only a fantastic opportunity to launch our AgriDigital platform and connect with FinTech leaders from around the world, but it was also a great excuse for some team bonding and to explore The Big Apple!
Highlights from NYC
Apart from our demo at Finovate (check it out here), here are a few highlights from our week in NYC:
- The 9/11 Memorial Plaza and Museum – Our visit coincided with the 15th anniversary of 9/11. We were silenced by the gravity of the memorial and the memories it brought up, as well as enlivened and privileged to join in the First Responder March through the streets of NY on the eve of the anniversary.
- Walking the High Line – The High Line is an elevated walking space and parkland with pop up bars and shops. The whole thing was built on the disused freight line running from the Whitney Museum of American Art in Chelsea through to W 34th.
- Exploring Central Park by bike, horse and carriage, and on foot. We thoroughly enjoyed walking in the early mornings and joining the many joggers and fitbods who throng the Park all day long.
- Lunch in Chinatown - we went to Nom Wah Parlour which has famously been serving delicious dumplings to both New Yorkers and visitors since 1920.
- Of course, the Met, MOMA and a Broadway show also made our list, as did munching our way through NY staples like chilli dogs with cheese, New York cheesecake, and more fried food than you can poke a stick at!]
A Few Detours
Across the team, we also had a few detours. Emma and Bob stopped off in Chicago for meetings with various agribusinesses and stakeholders to further our understanding of the US market and explore opportunities for collaboration as well as share the launch of our AgriDigital platform.
And Eric headed to Silicon Valley for some tech-spiration from the masters.
New York State of Mind
But in the end, everyone met back up in NYC for Finovate rehearsals (here's a sneak peek). And, of course, to get into the New York State of Mind.